Video Journal Writing Topics and Questions
Use evidence from the film to support your thinking.
- Who is in the film? Whose voices are represented? Are there any perspectives that are missing?
- Whose perspectives do you think the director/creator of the film favours? Why do you think that is?
- What do you think the director/creator of the film wants viewers to think?
- What do you think the director/creator of the film was trying to say when she/he picked this name for the film?
- What do you think this film and the actions taken by those featured say about our ability to make choices?
- What do you think of the choices people made in this film?
- Who were the upstanders in this film/story? What are the qualities of the upstanders? Does he/she share any characteristics with anyone you know? Do you share any characteristics with these characters? How so?
- Who were the bystanders in this film/story? What do you think the bystanders were thinking? If you were to verbalize their thoughts, what do you think they would be?
- What are the values that we could learn to use in our own lives from watching this film?
- How can we treat others differently after having watched this film?
- How can we support those who have been treated unfairly?